Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Magical Me!



Well, as of 0716 hours (the exact time of this post), I guess I'm 30. I'm not quite sure how to feel about that. It seems like 30 is the new midlife crisis, especially for Mormon males who already have two kids and a house in the 'burbs. I'm definitely not rushing out to buy a Porsche. Mostly I'm feeling old. Now I can't even pretend to be cool. 30 used to be ancient. I've been planning this post for a while now, and I intended it to be a lighthearted romp through three decades of pratfalls while smirking smugly at my own clever jokes, but I feel weirder about this than I ever thought I would. So, today I'm neither profound nor funny. Sorry. But I will take your happy birthday wishes all the same. And cash. Anyway, I'll be back in a few days with another survey. I promise.


4 comments:

  1. Now I feel bad I called you an old fart in my text to you this morning. I really do hope your day is...MAGICAL! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget to scroll down to turn your music selection on half the time.

    Your song selection is always AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday (and only a week late!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you
    belated because everything in my life at the moment is belated. As my thirtieth creeps closer I totally can see how this post ended up the way it did. Heck my birthday post was even LAMER

    ReplyDelete