Monday, March 29, 2010

I've Been Naughty...

So, if anyone is wondering about the progress of my HCG diet (which judging by the comments on last week's update, nobody is), I've been busted.  After resuming the diet following last week's post, I spent the last 4-5 days eating basically whatever I wanted.  The damage actually isn't too bad; I've lost a half pound or so and gone down slightly in my BMI.  I visited my nutritionist, Maeli, today, and she chided me mildly and ordered me to buy a digital bathroom scale so I can see my progress.  Initially I thought not having it around would help me to focus on how I feel instead of only the numbers, but how I feel is usually hungry, and seeing my progress may be enough to keep me faithful on the weekends, which are the real challenges for me.  I am determined to get back on the stick and ride this thing out for another couple of weeks and at least be down 20 pounds.  My big concern, which I anticipated even before starting the diet, is conference weekend.  I don't think there's anybody reading this who needs the explanation, but just in case, every April and October, Mormons sit around the house for virtually the entire weekend and watch the old men who lead the church deliver sermons and inspirational messages on TV (those who are stalwart enough to resist boating or camping in favor of 8-10 hours of good solid religion).  It's usually a pretty big weekend for eating, since that goes along with sitting around, and in fact after the Priesthood Session, every fast-food place in Utah gets a gigantic rush just after 8 p.m.  So, the trick this time is going to be not cheating, or cheating only minimally.  Thursday I will have a survey post up, and a brief update of my pre-weekend weigh-in.  Until then, I wish you all Godspeed.

1 comment:

  1. This is why I don't diet...

    Good luck to you, sir, for this "General Conference weekend" of which you speak sounds like a challenge!

    ReplyDelete