Thursday, September 9, 2010

Presenting: The Little Nipper!

So, last Friday, September 3, at 12:03 p.m., Emmett Lamond Orgill emerged reluctantly, but alertly, and immediately wailed about the cold. Here are a few pics, as I promised before. For those of you who don't know, we named him after Doctor Emmett Brown of Back to the Futurefame. (No, not really. How stupid do you think we are?) Emmett was a name that Amy has loved all along and took awhile to grow on me. But the Lamond part sealed the deal for me. With Seth, we used the middle name Pulham as an honor for Amy's late grandmother, whose maiden name was Pulham, a family that I don't know well but seem to be great people who have lived good lives. On this one, I wanted to pay homage to my late grandfather, Kyle Lamond Rigby. We kicked around the idea of using Rigby and Kyle, but settled on this. So he has a very old-school name, but not so old-school that he'll get mocked.

Anyway, special thanks to our families, especially my angel mother, who stayed with Jackson and Seth Saturday afternoon into Sunday. We are really happy to have the little tyke home, although he's getting circumcised in a little over an hour and will likely be pissed off about it. We are totally in love with him, and with the NFL season also starting tonight, what else can a man ask for? I'll be back again in a few days. Take care.




Looking not-so-happy to be here, just a few minutes after getting squeezed out. Those lips couldn't get any poutier.

New big brother Seth. He already functions as kind of a big little brother to Jackson, so I'm thinking he'll be ready for his new role.


All scrunched up and squishy. I keep trying to straighten him out, but he's like a Slinky.


My mom enjoying grandbaby number six. That number has tripled in just over a year!

6 comments:

  1. I love him so much! He really IS squishy, and those cheeks are just begging to be kissed off his face! Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is soooo cute! Congrats to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute kids, hermano. keep 'em coming

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just so darn cute! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS! He is completely ADORABLE... I'm super jealous! There's nothing like a new baby in the house... don't forget to enjoy every minute of it! Congrats to all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete