Monday, February 16, 2009

Enough of winter!


So, here we are on Presidents' Day. I hadn't planned to take the day off, but was sick all weekend and I'm still dealing with it. Mostly I love me some holidays, but I'd prefer that we just make the first two days of March Madness a national holiday instead, or at least something to kick off the spring. We bought a little house this past September which we love, but we're on a corner, so I get to shovel lots more, and I hates it. It's been two years in a row now that we have just gotten POUNDED in Utah. I'm usually not such a Negative Nancy, but in February and August I start whining worse than Anakin Skywalker. I love all the seasons, but I'm pretty much moderate in everything: my politics, my weather... and, well, I guess that's it. But I live in Utah, so the joke's on me, because NOTHING is moderate here. I'm just busting at the seams to go enjoy some more outdoor activity, and I know my boys and our obnoxious dog are too. I never knew this about wiener dogs, but they are burrowers. Ike can spend 12 hours under a mountain of blankets without coming up for air. I don't mind it, except it's usually in our bed, and I feel the little ferret needs to know his place.

We did have a nice early Valentine's Day date Friday (a day early, when we were just starting to feel the effects of a cold). We had a nice dinner at Mimi's and then went to Chuck E. Cheese for some Skee-Ball and timed free throws, whatever it's called. The only way it could have been better would have been if they had air hockey and pool (although Amy doesn't share my love of billiards).

In other news, I had the single dumbest dream of my life Saturday night. I was on an LDS mission in Africa with all sorts of random people and we baptized some guy and everybody sang a big production version of "The Greatest Love of All". I was into it, and belting it out like I was in High School Musical or something. I don't know what on earth that was all about, but I feel stupid for even dreaming it. NyQuil does some funky stuff to you. Anyway, this is my first real blog entry, and it's been kind of disjointed, but that's the kind of week it's been. I wish you all an early spring, and invite you to come back often.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I THOUGHT I'd like this blog. I was totally right. You just make me laugh. Sorry you're not feeling well...Sounds like your Valentine's date was fun. And I wish I could've seen your dream in real life. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever decide to act out your dream, please do let me know. I will come! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds of my the third baptism I officiated in Minnesota (except there were no Africans). {Wait - I take back that aside; there was a guy there from Zimbabwe. That's Africa right? He was really dark, so dark that the whites of his eyes were even dark}. Really - I was in a snobbish rich area and they had "really talented" youth. They rented out Princes recording studio to cut an album.

    ReplyDelete