Thursday, February 19, 2009

We pillage and plunder, we rifle and loot, Drink up me hearties, yo ho...


So, in the last couple of months Seth has taken to stealing Rolos every time he goes grocery shopping with Amy. It's always at Smith's, always when he's in the cart with the play truck up front, and always Rolos. It has happened five times now. I don't quite get it. I think there are a lot better candies out there. But I am proud that he learned the first lesson I taught him: don't get caught. Amy only finds out after he's started helping himself to them, so she has to pay for them, and she hates caramel (which should tell you right there that she ain't quite right), and I don't want to ingest all the sugar myself. So somewhere in the house are three partially eaten rolls of Rolos that we don't want to give him because we don't want to give tacit approval of his rascalism.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah...I'm totally glad you have a blog now.

    Naughty, naughty Seth! -I can't help but laugh at his "rascalism" though.

    PS I don't really like caramel either, there's nothing wrong with Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first foray into kleptomania was also a chocolate-caramel candy. I see great things for Seth. Terrible. But Great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, every child experiments with stealing. I myself tampered with it at the ripe young age of 18 at BYU-Idaho, successfully smuggling a hamburger out of the Galley. I didn't even really want it, but nobody tells me where I can and can't take cafeteria food!

    ReplyDelete