Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sometimes I feel like my head is about to explode!


I'm back. And today I feel like focusing on the negative. The sickos among my followers may recognize the exploding head image above from the 80's movie Scanners. I decided to spare you the full video for the sake of the squeamish, but I want to pose the question, what makes you feel like that? I'm not talking about mild to moderate irritation. What makes you just plain berserk? Here are a couple of mine to get you thinking.


I think I tolerate people's politics pretty well. But this woman has me about ready to give up on the country. I can't believe she has such a following, and that her name is even mentioned for the Presidential election in 2012. I was suckered in early on in last year's election. All I knew about Palin was that she had an insanely high approval rating in Alaska and it seemed like a great move to get people talking about someone besides Barack Obama. But piece by piece, she has proven that she is not only a freaking loon, but deceptively ambitious and kind of mean. The combination of stupid and egotistical I just can't abide. I don't know how to reconcile myself to the fact that there is a large number in the conservative base who takes her seriously. I want to punch her in the throat every time I see her. And I hate Obama's economic policies. I love John McCain (the real one, not the one from last year). But this caption says it all. Having Palin as V.P. would have been harmless as long as she was in the most useless big-name capacity in the country. But if McCain's wrinkly old heart had given out, God help us. The GOP is having major issues, and unless they want to experience several decades of losing, they'd better get serious about who the face is. I haven't been Republican since 2006, but I don't want the Democrats to run amok with no legitimate alternatives. Don't go away mad, girl. Just go away.



It's gonna be hard to top that, but I also find this kid the most annoying film character in history. A few days ago, Seth watched The Polar Express over at my in-laws' house. When I first saw it, I thought "Meh," but the movie has actually grown on me a lot over the past few years. But this kid almost ruins it every time. I'd prefer Jar Jar Binks. And me's a-hate Jar Jar. No one is that annoying. I think that's all the negative energy I want to expend. I'll be back to my sunshiney self next time. But for now, discuss.

8 comments:

  1. I can't stand Sarah Palin. It amazes me when I hear otherwise intelligent people lament the "raw deal" Palin got during the elections. She got the same treatmeant any ill-informed, ill-prepared, ill-educated candidate would. People get angry about the media's treatment of Obama vs. McCain/Palin. But the truth is, Obama was just better at handling the media. McCain gave up on how he had become a good candidate in the first place, and gave too much control to his handlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I also tolerate people's politics pretty well, too, in that I hate them both equally. well, scratch that, in truth, I think both Democrats and Republicans each have alot to bring to the table, and they each have valid points. what I hate is that they're at each other's throats the majority of the time when they could be doing something to further the greater good of this country. this is exactly why George Washington was against the forming of political parties. I hate this whole "us vs. them" mentality so common in society. Dems vs Repubs, Israelis vs Palestinians, Freddy vs Jason, where does it all end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things that drive me NUTSO:
    -I wasn't going to mention it, but then you used the phrase "punch her in the throat" so I have to now; Barbra Streisand's voice sends me off my rocker. Yes, when I hear her sing, I wan tot punch her in the throat--anything to make her stop! Bummer that she's the other voice in Neil Diamond's "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" because it had the potential to be a good song...
    -One-ply toilet paper. I never knew 1-ply existed till a roommate got super cheap and purchased it a couple weeks ago. NOT OKAY! No excuse for it, and the product should be taken off the market.
    -The lateral lisp; somehow, it's okay when people FAKE this lisp, but when it's genuine, get me the heck away from that person, or else someone make her stop talking! It grinds my nerves!
    -Nasty BO that is so strong it slaps you in the face and immediately gives you a headache. I'm super hygienic, so I'm never the offender, and I can be civil and keep quiet and not get pissy when a BO is slight. But when it's super strong and hurts me physically, I can turn quite nasty.
    -Fortunately, I can avoid most things that piss me off with relative ease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are a number of things but to avoid offense... I will just agree with the second one that kid in polar express pretty much kills the movie for me. I make the kids watch it with the sound WAY down. I don't know enough about Palin and don't care so much either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate politics in general. Especially the partisan part of it. I'm ok with Palin, but why choose someone who noone except for Alaskans even know? Oh, it is because some analyst thought that because Barrack is black and has an old codger status quo democrat VP that they needed to have the EXACT opposite. A younger attractive woman would be the perfect fit to get any votes Barrack, Biden and McCain wouldn't get. Not only that, but because McCain is like 80 we need someone in there that is younger to offset the fact that his is within 1 year of his life expectancy. I hate both sides and particularly anyone who is so far right or so far left that they can't make a rational decision. They'll just vote straight party. Why do we even vote? Don't get me started on the electoral college. I am just sick of it.
    DangGina- Hilarious! I CAN'T STAND Barbara Streisand either. But I also have to say that I kind of feel the way about Neil Diamond as well. I mean, he is a nice guy, but the whole Elvis outfits and carpet hairy chest just should have NEVER had it's day in the sun. Sorry to trash on Neil, but I am 100% with you on the one ply TP. Is there anything better than Charmin? Seriously. You might ass well be using sandpaper as far as I am concerned!(pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the Palin thing - I just don't get it.
    Other things that make me insane? You read my blog, dude. You pretty much know already...
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto on the Palin bashing, jury's still out on Obama (don't forget he inherited an economic disaster that was largely due to corporate tax evasion, greedy Wall Street, and outrageous military spending, all of which was largely aided and abetted by Bush- but okay it's Christmas, let's not go there), and how embarrassing that I've never seen the Polar Express (it must have come out after 2001, which is when I dropped out of the world with my adorable but high-needs preemie). I agree, me's a hate Jar Jar too, (HE has got to be THE most annoying character EVER! Now I MUST watch the Polar Express to see how anyone can even come close to comparing with that level of irritation). So, I'm taking my last final tonight, which is my excuse for having dropped out of blog world during the past 4 months. What's YOUR EXCUSE??? This post is nearing a month old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaron and all, completely agree with the "dodged a bullet there" - love the photo of her... typical airhead depiction...

    Have we realized something here? She was governor of a state with the population of Salt Lake County. Would we want Peter Caroon to be VP? Perhaps a much better choice, actually. Big deal that she was Governor of Alaska; whoopee stinkin' doooo! Oh, yes emphasis on WAS! and then she titles her book, 'Going Rouge'!?! (that is nothing to be proud of, doophus.)

    Palin is a mess, intellectually and emotionally and academically. So glad Obama won. So glad he is representing our nation in much better light. Can you imagine her as second in command? (scary) The GOP elected 'W', though. Pray they wise up about Palin.

    ReplyDelete