Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting Beaten With the Ugly Stick


Okay, this is really mean, but earlier today I saw an ad for ANOTHER Sex and the City movie, and I just can't stand it anymore.  Not just the movie (although that series always sent me running and screaming), but the question I have never dared ask in a public forum until now is: Does anyone out there find Sarah Jessica Parker even a little bit attractive?  As a ten-year old, I actually thought she was kind of cute in Flight of the Navigator, before anyone knew who she was, but she seems to have gotten exponentially worse up to the trailer for her latest movie, which has me convinced she might be in my personal bottom 2 percent of all people on earth for comeliness.  The changes don't appear to be drug-related like Lindsay Lohan and other formerly hot A-listers, and I'm not talking about the normal effect of aging on the body; I think Helen Mirren is still pretty hot at 64.  I am generally pretty reserved about calling people ugly, but for over a decade, Hollywood has been trying to tell me how hot she is, and it's really messed with my head.  Is there anyone else who belongs in this category?  I find all of the Sex and the City skanks to be fairly unattractive, but SJP belongs in her own stratosphere.  I hate to devote an entire post to this, but I need to know if there are people I know who actually disagree with me, and if so, what is it that makes her irresistible?  Is it the horsey face?  Her bony frame?  Or the gigantic mole?  Anybody?

3 comments:

  1. Watch L.A. story, with Steve Martin. I remember seeing it a long time ago, and as I recall, once she was hot, but now she is not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing...laughing...laughing...

    I LOVE that you dedicated a whole post to SJP and her not-hotness! I've always scratched my head in wonder at why in the world Hollywood calls her beautiful. I daresay that there are different kinds, and even different levels, of beauty; but SJP totally misses the mark. ALL of them. My friend's dad calls her the Dog of Hollywood, and it makes me giggle every time. So. True.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are a few of them that I don't know I would call particularly "ugly," but I really don't consider them "hot" or even "remotely pretty". case in point, Hilary Swank. wha? no! not pretty.

    one that everyone's criticized me about is Megan Fox (for all intents and purposes, this also includes Angelina Jolie). sorry, guys, I just can't find that attractive. she's fake, she's filthy... I guess she's just Hollywood. I have my own preferences, and she is not anywhere near the top. she is, for lack of a better word, "icky". like a pie that may have at one time been tasty that has been repeatedly picked at by dirty hands, so is the story of Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie. but at least Angelina has (at least a little) credibility

    ReplyDelete