Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday 'Roid Rage

Monday morning already? That means I've gone an entire week without blogging. The reason for that is mostly that I've had a really bad cough and cold and just plain didn't feel like it. We did have a great weekend, though, with no kids and very few responsibilities. So thanks to my parents for taking our little varmints. With better health it would have been the perfect weekend. But still, it's not every weekend that the Mrs. and I are able to sleep in with impunity and go where we want when we want (which happened to be nowhere most of the time, and since relaxation was our real objective, there's nothing to complain about).

On to our Monday morning business. I hope, as always, that these clips brighten your day. And it comes with a moral: don't mess with Governor Schwarzenegger when he's clearly under the influence of steroids. If you do, you'll get the worst case of Adult Onset Shaken Baby Syndrome ever. The second video is a documentary about South Park's Jimmy, who found out the hard way how pathetic cheaters are. As usual, the ending monologue is brilliant (and includes an tongue-lashing for Cartman, who feigns retardedness to get into the Special Olympics, which somehow seems appropriate, given Eskimo Bob's recent impersonation of Corky from Life Goes On... you can't get more shameful than that). I think what's really sad is that we don't even blink when Roger Clemens or Manny goes down in flames. We expect baseball players to be doping. Honestly, when I found out about A-Roid a few months ago, I didn't even blink. Kind of a shame that baseball can't seem to go a decade without a scandal that threatens its very existence. But I digress. Have a great Monday, everyone!



3 comments:

  1. The soundtrack was awesome.

    Also, you just reminded me that I really can't stand Arnold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not impersonate Corky. That was not me - I had conducted a legitimate interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness I know nothing about baseball, steroids, or South Park...

    ReplyDelete