Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Morning With Biff and MJ







This is Thomas F. Wilson, best known as Biff Tannen on Back to the Future. He has transitioned into a career as a comedian and musician. I first heard his routine a couple of months ago when he was a guest on a conservative talk show (that's right, he's a Hollywood Republican, which is not as uncommon as you might think). I think he's pretty funny, and a perfect way to lighten up Monday morning, and hopefully you will too.

On a side note, sorry for being lazy about my June blogging (for those who noticed). I haven't felt like I had much to say. Five out of six June entries were the Monday morning happy hour. I am feeling more in the mood now, and I will be blogging three times per week (including the Monday thing, a midweek post and another near the weekend, which will probably most often be Friday). The surveys will now be only a monthly feature, in an effort to maximize interest, and I have lots of other tricks up my sleeve as well. As a final thought today, much has already been said about Michael Jackson, and I will say only that I am surprised at how much I felt the loss. He is one of those rare celebrities that you can specifically remember moments of your life that he was involved in. This is probably on the same level as Elvis, John Lennon, or even Princess Di. We won't see another like him again (and I'm not just talking about the freak show that his life became in the last 15 years or so). Eight out of the top ten music videos of all time are Jackson's, and no less an authority than Fred Astaire called him the best dancer he had ever seen. I hope he finds peace, and that he's remembered for the right reasons.

3 comments:

  1. Biff totally raised my spirits on this stupid Mondee. Thanks. I'm going to have to look up more of his stuff 'cause I'm still smiling over this one :)

    Also, nice little tribute to MJ. For reals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly Orgilly - Conservatives can't be funny. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were gonna do a mid-week post...? I miss reading your thoughts multiple times a week...

    ReplyDelete