Monday, July 27, 2009

Keeping the Romance Alive

It's just about time to get outta Dodge.  In a little over 24 hours, we'll be heading out to Gotham for our weeklong vacash.  Thursday is our seventh anniversary.  Not a nice round number, but if the theory of the seven-year itch holds true, we should be getting sick of each other.  Generally, that's almost never true on my end.  We certainly are in the part of marriage where it can feel more like a business partnership, and takes a lot of effort for the two of us to connect. Amy has certainly earned a getaway over the past five years of raising our kids, and it's been that long since she had a break longer than a weekend from the demands of motherhood. My main hope is that over the coming week, she can rejuvenate and relax, forget the tedious but constant pressures, and we can rekindle some of the romance that inevitably gets forgotten from time to time once you have two little numbskull boys.  I can only dream of being as manly as this guy, but I'll do my best to give her plenty of male ruggedness.  Travels With Gilly will be back in all its glory sometime soon after August 4.  Until then...

3 comments:

  1. Have so much fun! I'm very jealous, but can't wait to see pics and hear how everything went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very nearly gagged when I opened your page and THAT guy was up top to greet me. Heh heh...

    I hope you two have a fabulous time! I love you both, and I'm way glad you get to go have some time without your "numbskull" boys. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is now August 5th! I'm waiting...

    ReplyDelete