Monday, July 6, 2009

Lighten Up Your Monday with Christopher Walken and the Three Little Pigs!

Happy Monday! Hopefully you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. I know I did. We visited my fam up in Brigham City, ate some truly excellent bacon burgers, played fetch with Ike, and played some H-O-R-S-E at the church. And Sunday was a perfect sit-around day. Now with only a few weeks to go until the New York trip, it's truly back to the grindstone, since we are in need of play money.

Christopher Walken is seriously one of my favorite entertainers. The truth is, I love any acclaimed actor who can succeed in comedy, which is not only more difficult but shows a willingness to lose the ego and not take oneself too seriously (yes, I'm talking to you, Sean Penn and Russell Crowe). Walken has been almost exclusively in comedies for the last decade or so, and his deadpan affect, sudden off-beat pauses, the strange, almost Shatneresque speech rhythm are somehow perfect for dumb comedies like Balls of Fury and SNL hosting gigs. It's easy to forget he's an Oscar-winning actor. This clip seemed perfect for my weekly "Lighten Up the Mondays" segment. No other actor could read The Three Little Pigs quite like this:



3 comments:

  1. The best telling of this tale I've ever heard. Christopher Walken is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher Walken was implicit in the death of Natalie Wood. To see that he has continued to "rise" to heights and hasn't had a serious acting gig in quite some time eludes to the fact that Hollywood - though they pine on him think he had some hand in the death of the aspiring actress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been out of the blogging loop lately, but I had to say that your tribute to Michael Jackson was touching, and so was your Independence Day post. When you ARE serious, it's very moving!

    Glad you enjoyed a fun holiday; great to catch up with you Aaron.

    ReplyDelete