Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Life at 1000 frames per second


I-Movix SprintCam v3 NAB 2009 showreel from David Coiffier on Vimeo.

My friend J. Looney shared this video with his followers, and I was completely mesmerized. Apparently this is what things look like when shot with a camera at 1000 fps. You get a clear view of the most minute details. I could watch it all day, especially the gelatinous green toy, and the Jello at the end, which hangs there for way longer than you would expect. I wonder if this is how my boy Jackson sees the world. And I wonder if that music is playing for him. It sure would explain a lot. If my eyes were privy to every law of physics in slo-mo, I would be autistic and hyperfocused on mundane objects too. The original post is from a guy named David Coiffier, and can be seen in HD and full-screen on Vimeo. I hope you enjoy.

On a side note that is not at all whiny (okay, it is), it appears that my survey on dreams didn't draw much interest, or at least many comments. That's the last time I let Becca boss me around. I guess I'll have to stick to the old standbys of food and movies. I do have some ideas for future surveys, but if you have any topics that sound interesting, please let me know.

5 comments:

  1. Trippy. I would like to watch Rambo IV at 1000 frames per second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen; watching the rugby player's individual leg muscles moving, that green gelatinous toy, the flying jello...IT'S AMAZING! I think I'll watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, that is awesome. And in my defense, I bugged you about a survey and then you let me down. So, I don't think you should be blaming it all on me. Take some responsibility (if not some, then all), Aaron. Next time your survey better be better, or else I won't read your blog anymore....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey man, at least when you "steal" my stuff, link back to me! Just messin' with ya.

    I really like your take on this. I have aniece who is autistic, and it's never easy to understand why she reacts the way she does or how she views things. Thank you for showing me a different way to look at it.

    ReplyDelete