Saturday, April 18, 2009

Survey #4: Weird Dreams


I really hadn't planned on doing another survey for a week or two, but my cousin Becca has been begging for one all week, and I don't have anything else to say that couldn't wait for another day, so here we are. Today I want to hear about your weird dreams. I already mentioned one really sick and twisted one on my blog back on February 16 about going back to Africa as a missionary and belting out "The Greatest Love of All," High School Musical style. I find the dreams that I remember fascinating, sometimes much more so than reality, and often can't begin to put together how the hell some of it came into my mind. And what does Karl Malone have to do with weird dreams, you might ask? Well, during my mission in Portugal, I dreamed I was at a Jazz game, and Karl decided at halftime that it was time to retire, effective immediately. He got into his street clothes, leaving all the fans at the Delta Center stunned. I walked out with him onto the streets of Salt Lake City (in broad daylight) and never having seen him so close before, I was impressed by his physique. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt, and I said, "Wow, Karl, you have really big arms". He was extremely offended, and stopped in his tracks, narrowed his eyes and said defensively, "So?" I was a little bummed that my first and only personal encounter with the Mailman had gone so badly, and the dream ended.

Anyhoo, I want to hear about your dreams, be they traumatizing, humorous, twisted, or just plain stupid. I still remember one traumatizing one from my childhood in Logan. We lived by a brook (on a street called Brookside), and I couldn't have been older than 4. I was wading my feet in the brook, and crabs started pinching my feet, and instead of helping, my parents tried to push me in further. I don't know how or if this affected my relationship with them in later years, but it is the earliest dream I can remember. So, now I turn the time over to you, and invite one and all to comment. Take it away...

7 comments:

  1. (In the tune of Dream a Dream and One Day More from Les Miserables)

    I dreamed a dream in time gone by.
    Hindu gods were there too -
    It seemed they were there, cause they couldn't fly . . .

    The elephant face had a massive poooo.

    Dare I dare to dream again?
    (Should I travel or should I go?)
    Isn't that the same thing you stupid head?
    (I had a current or a flow.)
    You're not making anyeee sense.
    (I'm alight or maybe I do glow -
    I'm HERE - I'm GONE - I'll Fight With YOUUUU!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just HAD to pick a topic where I can't remember any weird dreams? I have dreams like dating Derek Jeter and living in Hawaii on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember hearing about the dream where you offended Karl and it was very upsetting to you. Heh heh...

    I can't remember dreams very well or for very long. I know I've had a few crazy ones, but...hmm. Can't recall them at present.

    The one I do remember is a dream I had after I had signed up to go sky diving, but about a week before we actually went. MY PARACHUTE DIDN'T 0PEN AND I PLUMMETED TO MY DEATH. I'm pretty sure I woke up before the crash landing...

    I'll keep thinking and stop by again if I recall any weird dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The other day I had a very strange dream. I had started a diet - and I was having a baked potato with some fat-free sauce. There was something else with the potato which I don't remember now, but it tasted delicious. That was it. That was the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last night I had this dream that there were these Cheese Worms - they looked exactly like shredded cheddar cheese, and would burrow into the cheese. As I was trying to get rid of them - I accidentally sliced it open and it oozed what looked like melted cheese. It was disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a strange dream last night! One of my friends (from middle school days) recently got in an accident, and he time traveled back to the day of the accident to see if he could've prevented it. Turns out, he couldn't. -Don't worry, he didn't die. Oh yeah, and how do I fit into the whole...sequence? I went to visit him at the hospital and I traveled back in time with him.

    Yeah.

    Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't make this crap up.
    I was walking to the high school from John Adams park, where I saw the Brady girls, Jan and Marsha, arguing about cutting school when there was a low moan, which needless to say frightened them. Their mother came out and explained that "that was the bellow of a mother walrus", to which the girls boasted of their mother being "very knowledgeable."
    I continued on my way, and I approached the middle school, I saw my high school Physic teacher playing a strange game of baseball, where they were throwing basebats at each other, knocking them away with their own bats. I thought nothing of it and continued on my trek. As I passed the middle school, I saw George Clooney.
    "George Clooney!" I exclaimed. "What are you doing here?" to which he replied "I'm teaching piano!" I said "I didn't know you were a substitute teacher!"
    And then I woke up.

    ReplyDelete