Friday, March 20, 2009

I want to go to there...













Welcome to this dozenth post on Travels With Gilly. Sorry to have kept you waiting an entire week. I love blogging, and mean to do it 2-3 times per week, but this week I have been feeling pretty bland and uninspired. I have been wanting for the longest time to get away and refresh myself, and God knows Amy deserves a vacation too. It's up to me to get her one, seeing as I'm self-employed and any kind of substantial vacation will require funding from the heretofore empty coffers. I don't have paid time off, one of the real drawbacks of running your own business. Let that be a lesson to any reading this who have aught to complain about with a boss.

When I started doing this, I thought I would have more important stuff to say, since I always have an opinion about life, the universe, and everything. I am generally kind of a political junkie, but I have been feeling pretty apolitical and apathetic for a few months. So what you've gotten from me so far has been pretty lightweight. And mostly I like it. I love goofing off and making people laugh, and there will be a lot more of it in the future. But for today, I really just want to reflect and dream of being somewhere else of my choosing. I find it to be a really useful exercise to dig into your own motivations and then figure out how to make them come true. For me, a week alone reconnecting with the spousal unit would be my #1 wish in all the land. She does a lot for our chillins, and for me, but I've sensed her burnout the last few weeks. So I shall make it my goal to take her somewhere wonderful for our seventh anniversary this summer. Yep, we're nearing the seven-year itch. Our waifs will have to fend for themselves. I don't rightly know where we'll be, but it's gonna be good. Here, for your enjoyment, are some pictures of some of my favorite places in the whole world. I've been to all but a couple of them, but each inspired me. I hope you feel inspired too. Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to there too...it sounds heavenly, lets go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. And I'm with you on the getting away and connecting with the spouse. I don't know where most of your pictures are from though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lets here it for apolitical apethy! seriously, in these times, it's much healthier to take a break from the hell that is politics

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for you and the little wife that you get to go on a trip for #7. It will be nice, and well-deserved, I daresay. Keep me posted on the location when you figure it out! :)

    ReplyDelete