Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another Saturday Night (And I Ain't Got Nobody)


So, it's 9:18 on Saturday night and I have nothing better to do than blog. I am starting to feel pretty pathetic. We've put the boys down (not the same way you put down a dog, although it was a temptation), and Amy is in front of the TV, ignoring me and trying to forget her late afternoon and evening. The day started out nice. We took the boys to the park, and I made brunch. But things went downhill from there, and the boys' continual misbehaving has driven Amy to a state of constant paranoia, and she's developed a nervous twitch in her eye. It seems we are still in our rut of grumpiness. My friend Eskimo Bob suggested that it's the time of year that our bodies start to detox from the winter, and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. One would think that the coming of spring would make us blissful, but I have heard from schoolteachers that their students' behavior is predictably awful every March, like clockwork, and I know that our own boys have been rotten little scoundrels. So thank you, Bob, for imparting some of the mystical wisdom native to your people. I will be hoping that we come out of our doldrums soon.

I did get to take the Mrs. on a date last night. We spent $10.25 per ticket to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3-D. It was solid, but nothing spectacular. If you haven't gone to a 3-D movie in the past few years, I definitely suggest you spend a few extra bucks sometime. You're going to see a lot more of it from Hollywood. Movie moguls are investing heavily in 3-D technology, and it definitely changes the experience. I could see it sucking you into a movie like never before, and I'm all about losing myself in the experience, so I'm looking forward to seeing something like Iron Man in 3-D. As for Monsters vs. Aliens, I'd give it two and a half stars. The story is a little weak, and they missed some opportunities to make a movie that was truly memorable, but you could do a lot worse. It's definitely not up to the insane standards Pixar has established for the new generation of animated movies, so if you want something truly great for kids and adults, this isn't it; Pixar's Up is out on May 29. But with over a month until the summer movie season kicks off, and no real competition until then, I would bet the farm that it is going to make a buttload of money. (By the way, I'd like to know: is buttload, boatload, or crapload biggest?)

Well, I am going to go salvage what is remaining of my Saturday night. Hopefully Amy isn't keeled over in a puddle of her own drool. Have a great remainder of the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your craptacular post. . . I had to hear my wife self-discuss "...but the crap is bigger than the butt-hole."

    Thanks - -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of it this way, How many boats are in the world? how many butts? and then How much crap is in the world? I think that gives you an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know that Monsters vs. Aliens wasn't all it was cracked up to be; I'll probably wait until it's in the cheap theater to see it now...

    Sorry your Saturday wasn't as rejuvenating as it ought to have been. I hope your Sabbath was better!

    I think boatload is biggest. But buttload is more fun to say...

    ReplyDelete