Saturday, March 7, 2009

The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat...


I love a great sporting event. And last night's Jazz game was certainly great. I got tickets to last night's game for my brother's birthday, and although they sucked for most of the first half, the Jazz made up for it later, coming up with some fantastic plays. It was probably the best game I've ever been to. And we had really good seats, on the 25th row. I've been to several games in the lower bowl in the last two years, and I'm really spoiled now. No more wondering, "Is that Shaq? Oh, no, it's John Stockton". I totally want to go in with someone on season tickets, as soon as it can be justified (which isn't now). There are 41 home games every year, though, and I doubt I'd go to more than 10 or so. But I digress. The really great thing about last night's game was that it came against Denver, which has a real punk of a superstar, Carmelo Anthony, and a real prick of a head coach, George Karl. AND, it pulled the Jazz to within half a game of the division lead. They have now won 10 games in a row. And now, the greatest sporting event of the year (in my opinion) is just around the corner: March Madness. Baseball's Opening Day will follow shortly after. So, as a tribute to towering athletic achievement, here are some photos of the truly great moments in sports: the bloopers. The boners. The screwups. I can already hear my sister, who is 26 and has a master's degree, giggling uncontrollably like a little girl.









4 comments:

  1. I'm twenty-SIX for a few more months, Aaron. But yeah...I did giggle. Just at a few of them though. That poor baseball player's back! And the poor biker's face! ICK! -Surely that first picture can't be REAL...

    I'm glad you had a good time last night and that the Jazz pulled through! Yeehaw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got to watch just a bit of the game last night as we went out to dinner. Yeah - I don't dig basketball anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I add to Gina's comment and say that poor soccer player's nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm glad to have found your blog. Thanks for looking me up on facebook. Maybe we can make blueberry pancakes or mac and cheese sometime if you're in SLC?

    ReplyDelete