Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Jason Voorhees, Charlie Brown!


Thanks to those who participated in my survey. I didn't get the participation I'd hoped for, but good answers. Fittingly, it's Friday the 13th, for the second month in a row... I thought this schoolboy drawing captured the spirit of the day beautifully, even though I am a little disappointed in this kid's creativity. I guarantee you, in real life, at least one Peanuts character would be impaled, quite possibly two at a time whilst getting it on. Jason is nothing if not inventive in his chosen means of dispatching his victims. Harpoons, weedwhackers, even electric guitars. And, of course, his trusty machete. I always feared loss of limb from the machete. Even so, I am really looking forward to this weekend, except it's doubly cursed (honestly, what are the chances of two cursed days occurring on the same weekend?) I, for one, am going to beware the Ides of March. (And for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, read Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Or just type it in on Google or Wikipedia). Apparently Mr. Yates' 10th-grade English class made an impression on me, or at least that part of that play. Anyhoo, have a fantastic weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how disturbing that picture is...poor, poor Charlie and gang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Aaron, GREAT BLOG, I'm totally smiling and what a nice change from the depressed, despondent, stay-at-home-mom drivel on mine!

    Okay I know I'm late but my favorite movie villain of all time was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre guy. The hubby and I watched the re-make with Jessica Biel on TBS last October- the edited version and I still hid under the covers through half of it- and I was literally shaking at the end! Since I actually had a nightmare about it a few nights later, I think that's the villain who most impacted my life!

    I have to agree that the Buffalo Bill guy was WAY scary on a psychological level; especially since his character was partly inspired by the real-life Ed Gein who was sewing a body suit! I don't think Gein tortured his victims though- ANYHOW- nothing like the morbid to distract me from reality! Thanks for the smiles today!

    I read Julius Caesar 100 years ago at Ricks College in my Shakespeare class, and the only reason I made it out alive is cliff notes... (Merciful cherished cliff notes)...
    I'll have to Wikipedia and come back later to comment on the Ides of March!

    Happy Saint Patrick's Day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete