Friday, May 8, 2009

A boy's best friend is his mother...

...and on this Mother's Day weekend, I want to send love and happiness to all mothers everywhere. Growing up I always felt comfortable talking to my mom about anything, which I think says a lot for her. I knew I could bug her any time, even if she was asleep. And it's largely through her influence that I didn't turn out to be a total heathen, and reached adulthood without any Norman Bates-sized issues (well, I'll let you people be the judges of that...). Even better, she is the ideal grandma, and loves to spoil not only the kids, but us as well, by letting us off the leash for date nights and occasional weekends. And of course I can't forget to give loves to the mother of my children. We have a couple of rascally, extremely active boys, including a child with disabilities that at times only a mother could love, and Amy seems so natural at being a mom that I think there is hope for Jackson, Seth, and any future offspring to overcome the asinine nature of their father (whoever he is). Anyhoo, I love both of you and hope you have a happy Mother's Day, and I promise to make you nachos not only Sunday, but any time you want them. And same to all mothers of naughty boys and emotional girls everywhere.

3 comments: