Sunday, May 17, 2009

Brutal Violence Guaranteed to Brighten Your Monday

Okay, it's back to sick and twisted for me. I am adding a new weekly feature to my blog that I hope will get everybody's week off to a good start by providing some good laughs. I was inspired by Eskimo Bob's Rock and Roll Friday, truly one of the great blog features anywhere on the Web. Now all I need is a good name for it, like the Monday Yuks, only not retarded. Please leave suggestions in your comments and win a prize.

This week is a compilation of some truly awesome movie deaths. Respectively, they are taken from Shark Attack 3, Enter the Ninja, Undefeatable, Big Trouble in Little China, Silent Night, Deadly Night 2, and the immortal Troll 2, (filmed in Morgan, Utah). Troll 2 is regarded as one of the great horrible films of all time, even inspiring a recently released feature-length documentary a full 20 years after the movie was made, called Best Worst Movie. Anytime you have a movie set in a town called Nilbog (goblin spelled backwards), involving vegetarian goblins who turn people into plants before eating them, you've got a winner. I've never seen it, but aim to change that soon. It's now in my Netflix queue. I think I know what we're doing for our next date night, Amybug.

On a side note, my personal favorite is the clip from Enter the Ninja. As Cracked magazine describes it, the ninja assault "not only kills the man, but appears to make him lose faith in even trying to survive. After a moment's shock at the realization he's been stabbed in the heart with a ninja star, he just stares wistfully, shrugs, and then kicks it". Classic. Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Monday Mayhem

    Monday Massacre

    Mundane Monday Masticated

    Mostly Malicious (But Gooey Center) Monday

    Military Monday

    Macabre Musings for Monday

    that's it, I'm spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those have got to be the most ridiculous "death scenes" EVER. I feel bad for anybody who's actually seen all the movies the whole way through. -You'll have to tell me what you think of Troll 2.

    I'd love to come up with an awesome title for your Monday posts, but I fear Eskimo Bob has already won. PS What, exactly, will these Monday posts be about again...?

    ReplyDelete