Thursday, May 14, 2009

Survey #6: Dumbest Inventions Ever

I am going to be brief today. (Shut up, Eskimo Bob). By now, everyone has probably seen the Snuggie infomercials, and it's been roundly mocked by everyone right on up to Jay Leno and Jon Stewart. Probably the best parody I've seen is this one. But I wouldn't be surprised if the geniuses behind the Snuggie get the last laugh, all the way to the bank. We Americans are an enterprising bunch, and there is no shortage of heavily retarded products that have succeeded spectacularly. The Pet Rock made Gary Dahl a millionaire in a period of about six months in 1975 (which just seems to fit in perfectly with the overall stupidity of the decade). But let's not lie to ourselves that our generation is superior. I'll take Ron Burgundy's rugged manhood and perfectly groomed moustache over Adam Lambert's sexually ambiguous poo-face any day. And more importantly, people are throwing their money away at a record pace. And I want in on some of that action. At some point, I may just interrupt my business that is designed to help people, and give the masses the useless crap they want. What are your nominations for the dumbest inventions ever? Go.

3 comments:

  1. These Stupid Survey's. . . ZING

    Dumbest inventions . . . anal plugs. . . dog sweaters . . . any microsoft MP3 player. . . .Laserdisc . . . the new toys now - they don't match the toys I had growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking...thinking...

    i may have to get back to you on this one. except, wait, here's one off the top of my head: the giga-pet. as if it's a real pet? puh-LEEZ!

    i know there are a lot more...i'll get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Deep Fried Snickers
    2. I'll second the vote for dog sweaters
    3. Crayon holders

    ReplyDelete