Sunday, May 24, 2009

Special Memorial Day Blog


I really wanted to include a small appreciation for the thousands of forgotten and unknown soldiers who have willingly sacrificed all for freedom.  Some of you may know this song by 3 Doors Down and seen the video, which played in movie theaters a while ago.  It is a pretty impressive piece of work, directed by Antoine Fuqua of Training Day.  There's not much I can really add, other than to lament the fact that Memorial Day seems to have lost much of its intended purpose (as opposed to Labor Day, which really is supposed to be all about sitting around loafing).  I myself will be grilling and celebrating in normal American fashion, but I hope that we will all take a few minutes to remember the fallen, and offer our silent thanks. Have a great holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Also, I read Lone Survivor. I really liked it and got a bit choked up at parts.

    ReplyDelete