Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I don't mean to say I told you so, but...

Actually, that's a lie. I am going to say I told you so, and I'm going to be completely smug about it. I started hearing reports yesterday that the Swine Apocalypse of '09 is pretty much history. But then today, I heard a report of another case in Utah. A 71-year-old man returned home to Utah from a trip in Mexico with a quote-unquote, "mild" case. That makes, like, two in the state. I am just on pins and needles waiting for the third. I'm wondering how long new cases will be reported. It's like they're a little sad to see their non-story go, and hesitant to admit what a bunch of lemmings they are. If we get another case in June or July that causes some mild to moderate discomfort, I am comforted that they'll be right on it. PROMISE ME, FOX! PROMISE ME, MSNBC! It is just such a letdown that after all the buildup, there is no looting and pestilence. Can't we even get a little fire and brimstone? The moon turning to blood? Dogs and cats living together? Mass hysteria?

At any rate, don't let your guard down. Within a matter of months, maybe weeks, there is sure to be the next worst thing. Hell, it could be tomorrow. I am thinking sharks with laser beams attached to their heads. Or at least some ill-tempered mutated sea bass.

3 comments:

  1. I told Brooke that I thought the Swine Flu seemed like a bit of a blib, and she told me I was wrong. -She also made me feel like an idiot for not having heard about it until the day after it was all over the news.

    Meh...

    Queen, huh? I think I like them more than I want to admit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya go figure I start watching the news as the most boring news story in history has it's hay day... (we started watching it for the weather so Gary could decide night before to ride Car or Motorcycle). We're not experienced enough news watchers to know exactly when the weather is on... then we found the weather channel...

    ReplyDelete