Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Babypalooza!

The little woman and I went to Lagoon Saturday, and towards the end of our day, I started feeling a sore throat and cold coming on. The past few days I have lost much of my voice and been feeling frustrated about being kept from working to my full capability, so I am about to do something unusual: I am gonna get cute and cuddly on yer ass! For those of you who have a certain image of me as a brilliant, ruggedly handsome man with a sometimes cynical, prickly personality, read no further. The picture above is my new favoritest picture ever. It is a baby hedgehog. It might be about the cutest damn thing I've ever seen.

It got me thinking a bit. Many of you know that I really love little kids, and usually they tend to like me. I especially love my own two numbskulls, but I've always had this dream of making a difference for kids who are poor, or don't have a daddy, and inviting them into our home, taking them to games and other activities with my boys, and helping to mold them into happy, contributing, successful, and reasonably likable people. Which is a real challenge, because once they grow out of the cute phase and develop a mean streak, much of society just kind of writes them off and gives up on them. Ultimately, we all make our own choices, but part of loving our neighbor is to remember that inside everyone you meet, there's a kid who needs love and understanding. So here's to catching them young, and remembering how we all start out, and what we can become. Enjoy.





5 comments:

  1. That headgehog is so stinkin cute! It's weird to see you...this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you. A lot. And I really like this post.

    WOW, who knew hedgehogs started out so dang cute?! -What're those little black baby animals under the piglet? Sloths? I really don't know. They're cute too (although the hedgehog takes the cake).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'd be nicer if you squished the baby hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh the hedgehog is CUTE. Bob is acting all manly and such but we know he really loves the Hedgehog more than any of us. Admit it Eskimo BOb. REady, go!

    ReplyDelete